Super easy 5 minute granola bars. Healthy and yummy. Perfectly hits the spot.
- 3/4 cups dates, pitted
- 3/4 cups almonds (lightly roasted for stronger flavour)
- 1 1/2 cups organic rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unpasteurized honey
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or peanut) (non-GMO)
- 1 tsp. True cinnamon (Ceylon cinnamon)
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup organic (mini) dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp. Organic virgin coconut oil (not refined)
Put the dates and almonds into a food processor and pulse until chunky. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Pulse again until thoroughly mixed.
Line an 8” baking dish with parchment paper (leave extra paper over the sides). Firmly press the mixture into the dish and cover over with the extra parchment paper and press.
Meanwhile, lightly toast the coconut in a pan. Be careful not to burn. Once toasted, add the coconut oil and mix together. Sprinkle as a top layer completely and press on top of the mixture. Cover over with the parchment paper and refrigerate at least 2 hours until firm.
Using the parchment paper, lift out of the dish and cut into bars.
Store in the fridge or freezer, wrapped well with parchment paper.
Tastes best after setting at least one day.
Makes 18-25 bars/squares.
*use organic ingredients as much as possible.
No-Bake Rustic Granola Bars – Courtesy of Alternative Natural Healthcare Services Inc.