- 1-1/2 cups (375 ml) green or brown lentils, sorted and rinsed well.
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced OR 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded Asiago cheese
- 2-3 tbsp. (30-45 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) organic apple cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp. (1 ml) black pepper
In saucepan, bring lentils and 3 cups (750 ml) water to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add carrots and simmer until lentils are tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, oregano, salt and pepper. Add lentil mixture, onions, red pepper, celery, cheese and parsley; toss gently to combine. Add a little extra shredded Asiago cheese and chopped parsley on top before serving.
Serves 4 – 6
(Make ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to one day. It helps the flavours deepen.)
Buen apetito and enjoy in good health!
*try your best to use organic ingredients as much as possible.